<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I just finished reading Harry Potter 7 for the 3rd time. I know that seems crazy. It probably seems crazier that it makes me cry. But I'm ok with looking a little crazy. I think the book is not about them being wizards and witches, but about them being willing to sacrifice everything for what is good.

Church on Sunday was so good. Our minister talked about how God has started a good work in us, and that is an amazing concept to me. A good work has been started in me. Wow! I just always feel refreshed with the encouragement that God is working in and through me.

I am reading Henri Nouwen's The Inner Voice of Love. This was his private journal when he was going through a really painful time and it is almost a series of notes to himself, so he writes in 2nd person to you as the reader.

Favorite quotes:

Your love, insofar as it is from God, is permanent. You can claim the permanence of your love as a gift from God. And you can give that permanent love to others.

You have to trust the place that is solid, the place where you can say yes to God's love even when you do not feel it . . . You have to choose the solid place over and over again and return to it after every failure.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?