<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 03, 2008

I stole this from Beth's Blog!!

One book that changed my life: All Rivers Run to the Sea: Memoirs by Elie Wiesel I even wrote him a letter letting him know it changed my life. And he wrote me back. That letter is one of my prized possessions.

One book that I have read more than once: The Giver by Lois Lowry. I think I reread this book every so often because it reminds me of the simplicity and complexity of choice.

One book I would take with me on a desert island: The Time Traveler's Wife or Screwtape Letters. Both for different reasons, but I can reread both of them and they would keep my mind off the fact that I am on a desert island. Unless, I wanted to be there . . .

One book that made me laugh: A Lifetime of Secrets. This postsecret book made me laugh out loud. It can also make you cry though.

One book that made me cry: The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. I read it with tears in my eyes.

One book that scared the you-know-what out of me: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. This book really freaked me out.

One book I wish I had written: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. This is my all time favorite book. I just love everything about it, but the part that sticks with me is the idea of how important naming something or someone is.

One book I wish had never been written: The Final Journey. I HATED this book. It is a story of the Holocaust, but it is so awful, emotionally excruciating. I read it in front (not to) of my students and when I finished I threw it across the room.

One book I am currently reading: I just finished today Born on a Blue Day by Daniel Tammet. It is an autobiography of Daniel Tammet (obviously) who is an autistic savant who has synesthesia. I really thought it was fascinating!

One book I intend to read: Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray

Comments:
a)I love the post-secret books, too! I read the whole thing in one sitting.
b)I highly recommend Picture of Dorian Gray. Really really like it.
c)How could I forget the Giver? I think it is a great book for certain kids/adults, and for some they can never get past the external stuff (ie. I always had students who were so concerned about the world being black and white that they couldn't get past it.)
d)You can steal stuff from my blog any day. I stole it from another one, too. Love you!
Beth
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?