<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I think the story of the Prodigal son is not about that son at all. I think it is all about the brother. I think I need to stop being envious of the "freedom" non-Christians seem to have and realize the amazing amount of riches I have in Jesus. Anything I need, He will provide.

I want to be content, I do, but I am not sure I know how. I am a natural achiever. I am ambitious, and I pursue success. I know what I want, and I go for it. I do not often fail. So it seems counterintuitive to just be content. It almost seems wrong. I am working on this, but it is hard, and I think I am floundering at times.

Comments:
I've always associated myself more with the brother left at home than the Prodigal Son. It is so easy for me to play the "It's not fair" game, in many situations. But I can't find anywhere in the Bible where God says life is going to be fair. It will be a lot of things, but fair is probably not one of them.
I think being content is a double-edged sword. If we're never content, we never appreciate God's blessings in the moment. But if we remain content for too long we become stagnant and comfortable without letting God challenge us. If you can figure out how to do all this, please pass the word on.

Love you Reedy!!

Beth
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?