<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 06, 2007

I like my house. I like my dog. I have good friends. I have let go of things that weighed me down. I know who I am and what I believe in. I am excited about fall (if it ever gets here). I have enough money (with a bit too much debt). I like being a teacher, and I love my students.

But, sometimes still I miss Puerto Rico so much, I think my heart could explode. My grandma keeps telling me she has heard about rises in crime. I know they pay taxes now. And I know it is a part of me. I miss the church there. I miss the history. I miss the ocean. I miss the streets. I just miss it. I miss who I was there. I miss living with Joe. I miss Joe being OK.

Here is good. I like here, but part of me is still there, and that just plain hurts somedays.

Comments:
Reedy,
E-mail me! I'd love to talk to you. bethharbaugh@yahoo.com
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?