<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 08, 2007

Every morning I walk into my first hour class, and just look at them. And then I ask them, "Have I ever told you guys that I just love being your teacher?" I then punctuate the question with something I love about them. Sometimes they roll their eyes and sometimes they play along with me. Today, one of my students replied, "Who are you? Our teacher will be back any second and she will be mad that you are trying to take her place." It made us all laugh on a Monday morning.

I love my first hour class. It is a good thing to start your day off easy. I think 8th graders might be my favorite grade level. On Friday, we had pop tarts and talked about our books we were reading. I loved it. We even laminated a poster that said, "That book was good." A student who has refused to read for years finally finished a book-- thanks to the Bluford Series.

Comments:
I taught 8th for 5 years. Never thought I would say I love that grade, but they are hilarious! Never a dull moment. I used to always say, "I'm glad (pause) YOU'RE here!" They probably thought I was being sarcastic, and sometimes I was, but it was funny. There is something special about the 1st hour.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?