<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 24, 2007

I like capers, but I hate olives.

I do not like olives in martinis. Come to think about it, I don't like martinis. At least not gin martinis. I hate gin. I think gin tastes like pine-sol. Which I suppose is pretty accurate considering juniper is a pine tree, right? And gin is flavored from juniper berries, right?

I also do not like olives in my bloody marys. My father thinks that is ridiculous. "You have to have olives in your bloody mary." You do not. You ask them not to put in olives, and they don't. And I am happy. I do like extra horseradish and lime.

Here's the thing, I want to like olives. I really do. They look tasty on a pepperoni pizza, alluring in 7-layer dip and decadent on an antipasto plate. I keep trying olives, but I hate their metallic taste in my mouth. They squeak between my teeth when I eat them, and my whole head feels like it has turned into a giant fingernail being dragged down a chalkboard.

Now capers are a different story. I love those little buds. I wonder how they would taste in a bloody mary . . . I saw cocktail capers. Hmmm . . . .

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?