<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I do not have children, but I do completely understand how a mother can love two children differently but equally.

My first cup of coffee in the morning is the typical first-born; eager to please and strong-willed. I love it because it accepts me with morning breath. It understands my impatience and forgives me for not sipping. Sometimes it burns my tongue, but I forgive it because it starts me off right.

My second cup of coffee is usually in a to-go cup. It hardly ever gets to stay in a pretty ceramic cup, but it doesn't mind. It goes with the flow. It is easy going and kind. I spend time with this cup of coffee on the way to school. It understands that it has a purpose of its own. It usually is sweeter than the first cup.

There is no third cup. I am not ready for a third. Please don't pressure me.

Comments:
JennReedy. I like this post, I like it cuz I'm the second kid in the fam and that means I'm sweeter then soebs.. and more adventurous! Look at me going for rides in the car! :)
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?