<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I bought three of my students McDonald's on Monday. It was a surprise because they were great when I was not so great last week. I was on edge all week. As we were eating lunch together, I told one student, "Thank you for trying to cheer me up all week. I noticed how you made sure everyone cleaned up after class. I am sorry I didn't tell you I noticed." To another student I said, "I am sorry I took my frustration out on you. I am sorry I ignored you when you wanted to talk about it after class." And to the third, "Thank you for talking me out of writing a whole class up. Thank you for taking over small group for me when I had enough." They looked at each other and agreed they were heroes and deserved McDonalds. We laughed, and then one of them said, "Glad to have you back, Ms. R."

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?