<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Fall is here and as many of my friends post about the crisp leaves and hot apple cider, I know what's coming.

The darkness of winter. It creeps in my head like a late afternoon shadow. I can't stop it. In the daylight, I can see the leaves and smell fall in the air, but I can't stop the panic as every night comes sooner. I can't stop how as the temperature lowers so does my desire to get out-- out of the house, out of bed, just out.

I loved fall as a kid. I loved the changing of clothes from summer to fall. I loved crunching through leaves and drinking hot chocolate. I still love fall, but only in the daylight.

I love that many of my friends know this, and I don't have to explain my mellow mood or sudden quietness. I love that they come here because they know I won't leave. You have to love friends that will meet you halfway.

Comments:
This is why we love you - also why the Counting Crows are perfect for this time of year. They seem to reflect that mellow sort of darkness that seeps in as winter begins to set in.

I miss you!!!!!!

If you haven't figured it out - this isn't Jon!
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?