<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Today's sermon at church was about change. As soon as Jamie introduced the subject, I whispered to his wife, "Great. I hate change. Its' so not easy. I think that's why God wants me here because everything is always changing, and I am never in a "comfort zone."

His sermon basically was, "No one like change. It's not easy. God brings us to places in our life to step out of our comfort zones." His wife and I started laughing (which made Jamie really nervous).

But, his main point was that if the change was God-started then it will bear fruit.

I needed to hear that. I so needed to hear that. Yesterday I was able to visit a friend from Puerto Rico who was in town for a short time for a convention. In the three hours we sat in a hot tub, talked and reminisced, I missed Puerto Rico so much! And whenever I start really missing La Isla Encanta I doubt my decision to move back-- even after 2 years.

And then there was Jamie's sermon. If the change is God-started, it will bear fruit. Has this change bore fruit? Yes. It has. Then it was God-started. There is peace in that.

On a lighter note, I am celebrating fall. I decorated my house with festive leaves and small pumpkins. The windows are cracked, and I am drinking hot apple cider. I roasted marshmallows on my stove.

I am also eating Chex Mix, which has nothing to do with fall, but I do love the Sweet and Salty Chex Mix. Although, I leave all the pretzels. I save them in a baggie for desperate snack times.

Comments:
I needed to hear this today. Thank you.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?