<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I wish my house would decorate itself.
That's not true-- I just wish I had unlimited funds in which to decorate.

The house is good though, and I am happy with how is turning out. There have been quite a few "new homeowner moments." There are a few mistake holes in the wall. There is a shelf that is hung at an angle.

I bought a larger electrical outlet switchplate because I chipped a bit at the wall when removing wallpaper. I did almost cry when painting the wall, so I called a good friend who happens to paint and he came over the next day and painted. I also learned how to attach PVC pipe to my wash machine and attach the big silver hose to the back of the dryer. I have learned the importance of duct tape and putty. I remember trash pick-up is on Tuesdays and Fridays. I am trying to work on my fear of the gas stove. I have realized that manicures and pedicures need to take a temporary hiatus from my budget.

For the first two weeks, I did not have cable. I developed two embarrassing addictions. 1) Gilmore Girls-- I can't help it. 2) I bought Star Trek: The Best Time Travel episodes. It is fabulous! Wow, I am such a nerd sometimes.

I started classes again (not that I took anymore than a brief 1 month recess). Man, this semester is going to be hard. I am taking educational research, my reading practicum, and another class that I can't recall right now. I really want to drop educational research because I think the professor hates me already. All because I whispered to Joe that I liked his pants (yes, Joe and I are taking classes together). The prof. said, "Yes, they are nice. When I am talking I expect people to pay attention and listen." Later he looked at me and shook his head when I was looking at Joe in shock that he already bought the book for the class. See, he hates me.

I am so excited that tomorrow is Labor Day! I love holidays!!

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?