<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Even non-Christians call teaching a "calling." You can't help, but know that the good ones are called. It takes such a careful balance of personality characteristics or quirks to really make a good teacher. When some well-meaning people ask me if I ever considered "full-time ministry" I have to just smile.


Because I know what I do is ministry. I have been called. I know this with confidence. I know you have to make kids believe that there is nothing else you'd rather be doing than being with them. You have to be willing to give up your lunch to make a few kids feel special because no one else does. You have to get to school early enough to walk a few through why x doesn't always equal 4, even if you teach reading. You have to sometimes trade yelling for laughing, even if you are furious.

But I am still learning that I have to merge what I do with a sense of direct purpose. I need to be the woman, friend, student, child, sister, and teacher that God has called me to be.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?