<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 11, 2006

Being a middle school teacher is not always easy. I am not sure I would ever call it easy actually. For many of us, middle school was an Awkward time. We didn't get along with our parents. Our fickle friends were our whole world. We were messes in so many ways. We thought our world was in a constant state of almost crumbling.

Somedays, I feel that I relive that awkwardness through my students.

Middle school teachers are hardly recognized. We are not cute like elementary teachers and not stoic enough to be high school teachers. We are louder and a bit more unruly. Our happy hours are legendary. Most of us have understand the healing power of humor and the trouble too much sarcasm can bring.

These students that I only see for three years can break my heart sometimes. I am not a good "letting go" teacher. My students are mine. Some of them I want to take home.

I know this post is so random. I can't help it. There is just so much I am thinking about, and I can't seem to express it well tonight.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?