<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 29, 2006

I think I can decide if I would like a person without meeting them or having a conversation with them.

It is not based on looks, intelligence, or trivial questions, except for one:
What are your pet peeves?

The answer to that question should be at the heart of any compatibility question.

The answer to that question immediately can tell a person whether you are selfish, materialistic, mean, spiteful, pleasant, and even whether you are an idiot.

I was perusing blogs (don't you love the "next blog" button?) when I came across several people who listed their own pet peeves.

One blog made me laugh as I could agree that people who walk around with untied shoelaces must not have much going for them. And then another blog made me squinch my eyes in confusion as one of her pet peeves was anyone who actually thought talking about books was interesting.

I have pet peeves. I have days where I am easily annoyed. I can be judgmental. I can't help but think less of people that order their steaks well-done or teachers who wear sweats to school.

One of my greatest pet peeves is when people that ask me the same question after I have already answered them, but they just don't like me answer.

Example:
When will we receive our tuition refund?
I have no idea.
Do you think it will come by Tuesday?

Did you not hear me say, "I HAVE NO IDEA?" My "no idea" has no clarification or parameters that can be established, otherwise I would have given them in the first answer, unless I am blowing you off. And if this is true, do you really think I am going to invest in answering your second question?

See, that is a real worthwhile pet peeve.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?