<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 28, 2005

Starting over is never the hard part. The hard part comes later when you the "started over" needs to be restarted . . . again.

I think we become obsessed with starting over. And I am the worst. The smell of a new notebook, the feeling of an unused credit card in my wallet, seeds. They sing of possibility and it is exciting, but I can come crashing when the newness wears off. O either replace the old or I push it aside or I worry about its usedness. I could apply this in so many areas. After I feel that I have screwed up, I just want to start over. I think it is why I pay someone to clean my car, file my nails, wax my eyebrows. I love the newness. I always convince myself, "Now that I have a fresh start, I'll keep up with it." I estimate this has cost me well over $50,000 so far in the last ten years. Obviously, my current plan is not working.

I think I could go on and on, but Medium is on.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?