<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Today my Aunt called my Dad. We were in the car driving to the Greek festival downtown and Aunt Jan called Dad's cell phone. Mom and I knew it was Aunt Jan right away because of the sound of my father's voice. His strong voice crackled for a second before it regained composure. It was all I could do to not cry, realizing that my dad is still a baby brother who loves his big sister.

We already knew Aunt Jan was safe, but when you hear someone's voice for the first time after being gripped with the paralyzing fear of not knowing, all that you held together becomes unraveled. She lives on the other side of the lake. The side that isn't submerged with water.

We knew she was OK on Wednesday. On Tuesday, Aunt Judy called. Aunt Judy never calls. I asked if she heard from Aunt Jan yet, knowing she hadn't, but knowing that's why she called. Whenever anything happens in our family, people call me. Most of my family doesn't believe in God, but for some reason they believe in my belief in God.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?