<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 25, 2005

I started school again. I forgot how bored I get during classes! I have two classes on Wednesday nights, one from 4:30-7:00 and one from 7:00-9:30. It is a bit much after a day filled with 6th graders, but it has to be done.

I wish Lyndsay was sitting next to me with her bag-o-fun. At LCC, Lyndsay always brought something for me for class time. Somedays it was a mini Etch-A-Sketch, a sparkly pen, or candy. She would always pay attention, and do her best to not be distracted by me. If all else failed, she would make me promises. "Jenn, after class we can have a baby carrot date." Somedays it was the park, hot chocolate, or on really bad days First Wok. I never really had a guilt complex about skipping classes, but Lyndsay did her best to "inspire" me to attend all the time.

She gave up Junior year because SoeYun entered the picture. The park and Mud Road always were more interesting than classes or guest lecturers or basically anything else. I may not have always been a "class goer," but I was always an "assignment doer." I have a variety of pictures from SoeYun that demonstrate her patience as I wrote papers. Most of them are pictures of SoeYun with bulging or spiral eyes bored with my typing.

Although, to give SoeYun credit, I was not always easy. One particularly restless night, I couldn't sleep, so I decided to wake up SoeYun. She never locked her door, so that was easy. All I said was that I couldn't sleep, and after she overcame that"Iambeingwokenupinthemiddleofthenightwhodied?" panic, she joined me in the hallway for cards until I could fall asleep.

I was always afraid that Lyndsay and SoeYun wouldn't get along. Only because Lyndsay often accompanied me on the "I have to wake up SoeYun for J.K.'s class because he told me I had to" mornings, and I think SoeYun felt she could ignore me, but ignore Lyndsay Bell? It is slightly more difficult.

So, I am going back to school. Even after the first day, there are so many stories about co-students, but that is for another day because I need to email Lyndsay back and call SoeYun.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?