<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I bought a couch this weekend. And a chair. With my tax refund. I have never had new furniture. My excitement is overwhelming. It will take 8 weeks to come in. The suspense is killing me.

Today I could go for a LaBamba burrito, a conversation with Szoke, a nap (with the windows cracked, burrowed under flannel sheets and heavy blankets), updates on random people (anyone know how April Murphy is doing?), topped off with a glass of wine and some lavender dark chocolate.

I can barely contain my excitement because I get to visit SoeYun in April, Sosa is (keep your fingers crossed) coming in May (shhh don't tell Joe), and we are going to Puerto Rico in July.

How I am keeping the winter blahs away:
Trying to fit some kind of pink into every outfit (it has become a game for me each morning),
"Spilling" a little Bailey's into my coffee and/or hot chocolate,
Calling my 89 year old Grandma just to gossip about our family (who she's seen dancing on her ceiling and who we speculate is having extra-marital relations),
Pretending that I live at the Botanical Gardens,
Planning (far off in the future) vacations, and
Drinking lemonade.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?