<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 26, 2004

Today I shopped . . . for me!
2 pairs of boots -- $37
A winter coat for Joe-- $30
Oranges with cloves-- $9
A bowl in which to display said produce-- $7
A table runner that looks perfect-- $20
A striped button down shirt -- $30
A corduroy skirt -- $30
Various Old Navy clearance items-- $26

I am slightly impressed with myself! I also spent the morning with Grandma and my sisters. We did the shopping and lunch thing. My sister, Theresa, and I took her dog on a walk throughout Forest Park. And then I had dinner with my family (minus Liza who was at Old Navy working, but we visited her). I feel worn out, but filled.

And then I think that SoeYun is only 3 hours away, and I feel so very sad. I have contemplated all day jumping in the car. And then I know I shouldn't. Because she's the one who taught me to put my family first. For so many years, I think I put everyone and everything above my family.

Last week, my 89 year old Grandma was in the hospital with pneumonia and dehydration, and I realized this is why I moved home. Today as we were walking her into her house, she kissed us all, told us how proud she was, and told us that today had been a great day. And I have to agree. I love her so much.

On another note, I called Joe and he has been in a 3-wheeler accident. I know he's ok, but he sure was moaning and groaning. His sister was just laughing as she told me how he had a devil look in his eye and had his head thrown back just cackling . . . right before they hit a pine tree! Poor baby!

I think I may rent Shadowlands tonight and keep some Fat Tires company. I think there's still some pecan pie too . . .

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?