<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

I realized I started this blog a year ago and decided to look back. About a year ago, when I realized I only had 6 months left in Puerto Rico, I wrote this letter:

Dear Puerto Rico,
I will not miss your potholes that are large enough for a full-size car. I will not miss the loneliness I will leave here with you. I will not miss your inability to change colors for the seasons. I will not miss your 100% humidity or frying heat. I will not miss your preoccupation with style, trends, and vanity.
Love Always, Jenn

And, how do I feel today?

I still do not miss the potholes, although Missouri roads have their fair share of problems, but thanks to Missourians we are going to fix those roads by taking money from schools.

I don't feel that "I'monanislandwithoutmyclosefriendsandfamilyallthetime" loneliness, but now I miss people I took for granted in Puerto Rico. People, I didn't even think about missing then.

I do love the changes in colors, but I just realized that after the oranges and reds comes gray. I never missed gray. Soon, I'll miss green.

It's cold today, I miss the warmth. Although, Alberto made me feel so much better letting me know it had been rainy for weeks.

I do miss the level Puerto Ricans presented themselves at. I miss getting dressed up and being around equally put together people. I realize I wore a pair of khakis today that I never took with me to Puerto Rico because they were so blah. I never thought I'd wear them again. And I didn't care until right now.

Tomorrow, I get to spend Thanksgiving with my family, for the first time in three years. And the funny thing is, I miss Joe's put together Thanksgiving, but he'll be with his family . . . where he belongs.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?