<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 18, 2004

I got to see Lyndsay this weekend, along with Jon and that adorable Xander! He is about as edible as babies come. They just seem like the perfectest family ever! All weekend I wondered why I had waited so long to see Lyndsay. I remembered during the drive home on Sunday. I hate saying goodbye, knowing it could be months until I make it back there again. Lyndsay is one of those people whose very presence is encouraging. I feel truly blessed to have her as a friend.

I've been doing really well, in my opinion, readjusting as of late. I fell content in most aspects of my life. I almost feel "caught up" with my head and heart. And then there was this week.

The ache caught up with me again. Sometimes, I miss Puerto Rico so much still. I mean so much. I remember looking at Barb during a Week of E trip and knowing that Puerto Rico still owned part of her heart. I understand now. I can't have that part back. But I am stronger now. I don't feel ready to fall apart. I just feel "homesick." I dived into Puerto Rico; my hair is still wet and my eyes still sting from the salt water.

People have asked me what I miss the most . . .
the sky, they don't make it that blue here.
the church and its songs of praise
the children and their easy affection
the feeling of belonging to something so special.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?