<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 07, 2004

I can't stop crying at Extreme Makeover-- Home Edition. This family on tonight is amazing. They are two deaf parents, with 2 hearing sons, except one of their sons is blind and autistic. Tears again.

I have a car! It is a 2000 Intrigue. It is silver, and puhrrrty!

Grandma and I have made amends. I feel like I can sleep easier and not be afraid when my phone rings, although I am still afraid of the mail.

Speaking of fears, I have a fear of milk. Lacto-phobia. I think
I might be the most ridiculous person I ever met. Seriously, after three days, I am convinced the milk is sour, rancid, and spoiled. It's not, and I know that. The expiration date is days away, it smells fine, and there is nothing wrong with it. But what do I do? I pour it down the drain, upset that I didn't use the milk "fast enough."

Also, I have made some realizations; I do not need to be the kind of person . . .
. . . whose car is always clean.
. . . who thinks most issues are black and white.
. . . who enjoys Seinfeld.
. . . who gets everything done on time.
. . . who is thrifty.
. . . who likes gin.
. . . who understands Jessica Simpson's Angel song.

I've just met people lately that fit one or more of these categories this past week, and each time I thought to myself, "Wait, am I supposed to be like them?" And I realize I don't have to be.

I've been going to temple with Joe on Friday nights, enough that a Rabbi knows my name. I love going. Is that bad? Does that make me a bad Christian? I am still going to church. I still love Jesus. But I also love going to temple. I love singing the mysterious Hebrew songs, I love the awe each time they bring the Torah out, and I love the snacks afterwards. :)

Oh gosh, I am crying again. The family just loves their vacation and everyone on the show is crying too!


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?