<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 20, 2004

I sit dumbfounded when I have a couple of minutes when I don't have anything immediately pressing down on me, and my brain is organized enough to have a rational thought.

Now, is one of those moments. I am worried it will pass before I can jot down my thoughts.

There have been huge events in my life this past month. Brandi, Lyndsay, and Chris all had their babies. Each one already looks like she/he/he has her/his/his own personality. Brandi's sweet baby girl is a quiet charmer, Lyndsay's baby boy already looks like he understands the world better than I do, and Chris's Jackson is a mover and a shaker (who happens to remind me of the turtle in the old Tootsie Pop commercials!).

My brother and nephew were in town for a Cardinal's game Saturday and spent the night at my parents' house. Liza and I got to take Thomas to the park. All he saw was the purple tunnel slide. My nephew is fearless. He told Grandma all about the purple slide and how fast he went. He is the cutest two-year-old on the face of this earth. I could just swallow him whole!

School is going well. It is a ton of work and daily taxes my patience to levels I never even thought existed, but it is a good fit.
I've been going with Joe to temple on Friday nights. It is such a calm reflective way to end the week. Joe informed me that my house is supposed to be clean before the Sabbath, whoops! There is this one part of the service I love that calls us to laugh until we are all laughter, sing until we are all song, dance until we are all dance, and love until we are all love. It moves me to tears. I have been reflective lately on Judaism and Christianity. I know Jesus. I love Jesus. I know he is real, true, living, and one day will return. I believe that with all my heart. However, Judaism captures something that Sunday morning church does not; a reverence for God, a declaration of His Holiness, His love for people, and a sense of belonging to someone Great.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?