<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 30, 2004

I received another bill.

Letting me know that she was not happy with me. And why not? Because I called her (I forgot to tell you that) last week to let her know that I was absolutely not going to pay the extra $850 for her commission. We NEVER agreed to that. She is my grandmother, and she wants a commission for finding me an apartment.

Her letter let me know that this "gift" was too large. She also let me know that it was unfair to my sisters and cousins. She hoped it would all even out before she died (Note: my mom was removed from her will because she refused to pay for some screws and nails once). She also let me know that she would have to limit any future gifts for holidays, etc.

I called my mom. She told me to talk to my cousin, who has faced a similar situation that has brought her to tears lately. I called her, and we talked for over an hour. I think we both felt better about ourselves, our families, and the world after the conversation was over.

My grandmother drops manipulative comments into every day conversation. We both know our grandmother doesn't approve of our fathers, she predicted their failure and the demise of her daughters' marriage. Which is ironic, because she was married and divorced twice. Our mothers? Still married to our hard working, loyal, loving fathers.

I love my grandmother. I do, but right now my heart hurts. Kristin, my cousin, let me know she feels like she lost her grandmother. We are both trying to reconcile our hearts with assurance that Grandma might actually have something mentally wrong or a gambling addiction.

I am scared what will happen when she receives my letter, not because I think it was wrong. I just hope that this can be reconciled, soon.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?