<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 25, 2004

I went away this weekend and saw my brother and his family.  I have the world's cutest niece and nephew.  They are seriously the absolute cutest children ever and so so smart.  I had great conversations with my sister-in-law about everything and nothing.  I also got to see my brother "in action."  He cracks me up.  He is still the ever-awkward male around children, but man does he try.  Sara and I agree the trying part is what it is all about. 

He doesn't tell Sara when the baby is dirty, he just changes her himself.  But when that baby is screaming in his arms for more than fifteen minutes, he gets a wild look in his eye and pleads rather strongly for his partner in parenting.  She smiles and says she's coming.  She knew he'd be calling because we could hear the baby monitor's wailing protests, but she stills smiles because fifteen minutes was enough time for her to actually finish an ice cream sundae. 

I needed this weekend.  It reminded me why I needed to come home from Puerto Rico.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?