<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

When I was in high school, I worked for Kingdom Christian Academy after school. I never applied to the job, Bev came up to me one day after church and asked if I would be interested. I interviewed with her that summer, and started in the fall.

I remember coming early, so I could talk to Bev in her classroom. I also remember telling her that I would never teach in a private, Christian school. It just wasn't for me. I think she smiled; you know the one-- that knowing smile that meant she was amused. I think she knew. I think she knew that my heart would change.

I remember a CIY where I cried for hours after watching a movie where a Christian teen's family went to Hell (horrible, horrible movie). I remember she cried too, and just kept whispering, "I know, I know." A couple years later, she volunteered to be my sister Lisa's roommate at CIY.

I can't believe it has been a year. I just can't believe it. But I do know that her "gifts" to me will be passed on.

God, I know we should be joyful when someone reunites with you in Heaven. But we are human, simple humans, and we don't understand eternity. Wrap your arms around Bev's family today. Be their refuge and tower of strength. Help us to follow the example of kindness, love, and compassion that Bev taught us everyday. Help us to "pick up where she left off" in so many ways-- with her family, with children . . . Lord, we put all of our love and trust in you, AMEN.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?