<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 09, 2004

It is Sunday morning, and I usually love Sunday mornings. Last night, I went to bed early because I was exhausted and still sunburned, but I didn't "sleep through the night." I just kept waking up. Partly due to the three glass of iced tea I had at Chili's with the girls last nite, and partly due to an overall sense of anxiousness. So, I am awake, and it is quite peaceful, but I still feel tired and not ready for Children's Church at all!

I am convinced that my hair is falling out. I have been assured that this happens during "seasons" of our life, but that is of little comfort to me. People I ask have helped me blame stress, but no one has yet to deny my claim, which honestly is what I have been fishing for.

People often tell me that I am just like my dad. When they say this, I know it isn't always meant as a compliment. It usually means that I am being a stickler to some card game rule, arguing over a principle of a few cents at a store, or refusing to acknowledge someone's opinion as equal to my own. But when someone tells me I am like my mom, I know it is meant as a sincere compliment. My mom is funny, creative, strong, loyal and independent. Today being Mother's Day, I just want to let you know why I love my mom!

* She once stayed up half the night making Barbi outfits resemble Greek gods and goddesses for a mythology project.

* She taught me how to use the bathroom in a swimsuit without taking it off

* She taught me through example what it means to be the big sister

* She has real street smarts and instincts you can trust

* She is silly, and can break out into song and dance at any time or place

* She doesn't ever put pressure on me, but trusts my decisions

Seriously, there are a million reasons why I love my mom. She's an amazing woman!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?