<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 29, 2004

I think it is close to 1:15 in the morning. I still want to get so much accomplished before I take a cold shower, that still won't be cold enough, and go to sleep. Needless to say, Joe and I are a little overwhelmed today.

Today was our last day of work. And it was a horrible day. Orietta and Santiago called a meeting. Now, the end of the year meeting should be a celebration and a time to share job well dones. Or at the very least, a time to say goodbye to those of us who were leaving.

However, our bosses had something in mind . . . They discussed all of their pet peeves from the year: Personal days, Sick time, Staff children, Accidents, and the list goes on. Joe was so sad that he ended with memories like that. We had a potluck afterwards and then most teachers scurried out. It was anti-climatic. I don't care about so many of those people, but Joe worked there for 8 years. He gave up so much for them, and not even a card?? Come on, that is ridiculous. I don't think I am being selfish, but it did reconfirm that I needed to leave that school.

On a positive note, Joe and I are going to stay in a hotel our last 2 nites in Puerto Rico! We are really looking forward to that. I plan on just breathing and trying to remember my name.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?