<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 16, 2004

I just dropped my parents off at the airport. I can't believe they were here and gone already. We had an awesome time together. We flew to a smaller Puerto Rican island, kayaked at night through a bioluminesent bay, toured an old Spanish fort, and did the beach thing daily. We also ate at some of the most awesome restaurants. It was a vacation for me just as much as it was their vacation.

It did reinforce that it is time for me to move back to St. Louis. I felt it all week, I really wanted to go back with them today. Then to make it worse . . . Nelly was on Ellen. Nelly is a sign that it is time. I bet I am the only one that God uses Nelly to speak to!

The Evangels (Week of E group from LCC) were here the week before Easter, and that was a blast! I was so glad that 2 returning students came down-- guys that I am proud to call friends, and an awesome new girl, Haley. We al clicked, and they clicked with my friends here too.

So for the past couple of weeks, I have felt not an ounce of loneliness or boredom or . . . quietness. I am looking forward to some solo time, but also dreading it. I plan on just keeping myself super busy this next month, and I know time will fly.

There is so much on my mind today as I write. So much in this head of mine that needs to be sorted and categorized. I wish SoeYun was here. Sometimes I picture conversations with SoeYun as the two of us sitting on my bed (always back in B-town 2412) surrounded by all my thoughts, worries, dreams, and whims scattered around us in the form of files. We sort through them, and after I feel a sense of clarity and purpose. She helps my world make sense to me.

Jenn's Top 10 List (of things swirling in my brain)-- in the order as they pop out:
1) My overheating car that I need to sell in a month
2) The boxes that need to be shipped back
3) Ritenour. Summer School? Job next year? ?????????
4) The realization that I cannot stay with my parents too long this summer/
5) Joe.
6) Finances
7) Myself- outward appearance-- nails, skin, I feel unpretty right now.
8) The heat
9) My parents getting back safely
10) Year-end things to do: classroom, students' plans/grades, graduation speech, etc.

Feel free to choose one of these "swirls" and fix it for me. Ok, how about some prayer? I already feel better.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?