<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Money and I have a love/ hate relationship.
I love money when I have it, and I hate it when I don't.

Do you ever sit down and try to balance your budget, and realize there's no point?

Friday is our Field Day. We are going to make our banner tomorrow in school. They voted on the theme "5-2; 2- fast, 2- furious, 4-you!" I thought it was a fun idea. They voted for a purple banner, but red was cheaper. This is going to take a lot of convincing on my part that red is a better choice!

I have decided humor is my greatest weapon in the classroom. I talk to my hand when the students decide to not listen to me, and they think it is hysterical to watch my have a conversation with my hand. They even stop talking to listen to my hand.

Yesterday, though, I completely lost my temper. It is a good thing that fifth graders can let you start over everyday. I was so upset that the cleaning lady hadn't been in my classroom for days, and the classroom just felt "sticky." The kids didn't seem to mind at all. They chose yesterday to put ketchup on the wall, drop cookies on the floor, and spill soda on someone's workbook. So, I lost it. I told them if they wanted a trashy classroom, I'd help them and I turned the trash can over. Then I just went to my desk. Of course, the neatest, nicest students cleaned up everyone's mess, including mine. I felt horrible. Today, everyone kept their trash in the trash can and when I asked for a volunteer to empty the trash can, I had more volunteers than ever. Oh, what you can learn from fifth graders!

The group from Lincoln comes for Week of E next Friday. I am so ready for them to come, it is always a fun time. And then . . . my parents! Non-stop action folks!

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?