<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 27, 2004

I gave the Chapel message today. It was about "filling our cup." I used a basketball, money, books, and food to try to fill my cup labeled "life." I talked about how none of it "fits" to fill us up, and how some people get so tired trying to fill up their life that they become miserable (I flipped the cup over and there was a sad face. Then I took a cup labeled "God" (filled with red paper squares), and filled the cup completely. I told the kids that God's love is amazing because you can't run out and the more you use, the more God pours. But here's the reason I'm telling you this, as I was "pouring God's love" I felt convicted, I was praying for a "refill" as I was speaking to the students. I need God to pour and pour. "Fill my cup, up, and let it overflow."

I can't tell you how worried I am about "tomorrow." I am scared about getting a job, amongst every other issue. I have to keep talking myself down from a anxiety attack.

Joe came to my room on Thursday, and suggested after school we go to this outdoor cafe near the ocean that sells wraps and frozen yogurt. I felt like a kid whose parent suggested a surprise trip. It gave the day something to look forward to. We sat outside and just watched people, made up their life stories, and laughed at the joggers' outfits. We took to a walk to the ocean, and I tried everything I could to capture the moment. I am so scared of living away from the ocean again.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?