<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 12, 2004

Ahhhh . . . Monday off. I love exclusive Puerto Rican holidays. The weather here is perfect. Perfect. We went to the beach on Saturday-- I just had to throw that in for my Midwestern freezer pops.

This is my 3rd year here and the first year where I feel like I have friends. Last night we went to Starbucks after small group and played Outburst a little too loud and all was good. I am content. Happy at times. Lonely at times. Contentment is a good thing.

Hey, here's a fun tidbit-- 2 of the guys on Average Joe 2 are from my high school-- David and Sam. Woohoo for them.

I am hooked on Boiling Point on MTV. I just laugh and laugh, usually, at the people who win the $100 because they seem like pushovers to me. I mean who would let a manicurist put their hands in dirty water and use rusty tools??? Or who would be calm if you cake said "Thank You Dick" instead of "Thank You Nick?" Though next time I am about to lose my cool, you can bet I'll glance around for cameras.

I started a fire in Joe's apartment last night. It was a roarer in the oven. I was roasting walnuts for a salad topping in the oven and my Dollar Tree colander was in there without me realizing it. I smelled something funny, thinking that was just the smell of cooking nuts, I opened the oven. To my surprise, I was bombarded by ashes. Flying ashes everywhere. I let the fire go out by itself because I hate cleaning up baking soda out of the oven (last time there was a pan with a wooden handle in the oven). Funny stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?